15ml cake flour
5ml mixed herbs
1kg beef fillet, cubed
250ml beef stock
1 packet of tomato soup powder
1 bay leaf
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
15ml white sugar
8 green beans, cut up
Salt and pepper to taste
4 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, chopped
- Coat the meat with a mixture of the flour and paprika.
- Heat the oil and butter in the pot and brown the meat.
- Remove the meat and brown the onions and sugar until the onions is nice and soft.
- Add the beans, carrots and garlic, cover with the lid and allow the pot to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Replace the meat and stir in the herbs, beer, beef stock, soup powder and bay leaf.
- Cover with the lid and allow the pot to simmer for a final hour or until the meat is soft (stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon).
- Mix the vinegar and cornflour and stir in.
- Simmer until the gravy has thickened and season with salt and pepper.