Potjie No: 3
Cooking Time: 5 hours
Email Recipe »
1 kg beef
2 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp butter
3 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, bruised
Some garden herbs, bay leaf, basil, parsley, salt pepper
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 glass white wine
1 glass water or more
300 g black mushrooms
1 small cauliflower
- Cut meat into blocks and fry to seal in butter and oil.
- Add onions and garlic and fry to glaze.
- Add herbs and seasoning.
- Mix Worcestershire sauce, wine and water and add to the potjie.
- Close pot and simmer for about three hours.
- Add sliced carrots and sliced mushrooms in layers and do not stir from now on.
- Add tomatoes sliced thinly, break up cauliflower and layer on top of tomatoes. Quarter potatoes and put on top of cauliflower.
- Cover pot and simmer for about one hour or until vegetables are done.
- Add more water and wine as required.
- Serve directly from the pot.