Potjie No: 3
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Email Recipe »
1 kg thin flank (cubed)
30 ml cooking oil
1 onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 x 410g can tomatoes (coarsely chopped)
10 ml salt
Freshly ground back pepper to taste
30 ml chopped fresh basil or 10 ml dried
150 ml hanepoot or white muscadel wine
30 ml lemon juice
15 ml cake flour
30 ml chopped fresh parsley or 10 ml dried
- Heat oil and brown meat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until golden brown and transparent.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and basil.
- Heat wine and add.
- Season with lemon juice.
- Cover potjie with lid and allow to simmer for 1.5-2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Mix flour with a little cold water to form a paste.
- Add to meat.
- Simmer for a few minutes to thicken.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley and serve with rice.