1 large oxtail, cut into pieces
12 baby potatoes
3 medium onions, finely sliced
250g button mushrooms
1 large tomato, sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
5ml chopped parsely
1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
10 whole uitjies
5 whole cloves
5ml mixed herbs
62ml brown vinegar
2 bay leaves
20ml tomato sauce
500ml warm water
Salt and pepper to taste
2 ripe bananas, sliced
10ml medium curry powder
5 medium carrots, cut into strips
- Smear the pot with the butter and heat the pot.
- Braai the meat for about 15 minutes.
- Add the onions, garlic, chilli, naeltjies, herbs, bay leaves, salt and pepper and braai for a further 15 minutes (If the pot gets too dry, add some warm water).
- Now add the 500ml warm water, cover with the lid and allow the pot to simmer for about 2 hours.
- In the meantime, mix the ingredients of the sauce and put one side.
- After 2 hours, pack the bananas on top of the meat and layer the veggies as they appear in the recipe.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top, and then layer the uitjies and allow the pot to simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the sauce and allow to simmer for a further 30 minutes.