2 cups bread flour
1 tsp instant dry yeast
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1.5 cups lukewarm water
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a deep bowl.
- Add the egg and lukewarm water and mix well for about 5 minutes, till it forms very soft, sticky dough, rather approaching a thick batter.
- Alternatively you can whip it up using a food processor.
- Let dough rise for 2 hours covered.
- Scoop the frothy, soft dough onto the stew and quickly stroke it to spread evenly on top.
- Shut the lid and do not lift till ready, about 30 minutes.
- Then insert a skewer into the dumpling, if it comes out clean it is cooked.