1 kg venison, cubed
25 ml sunflower oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
5 ml whole cloves
5 ml mustard powder
5 ml dried (or 10 ml fresh) parsley
5 ml braai spice
Salt and milled black pepper
340 ml beer
500 ml Coca-Cola
75 ml Worcestershire sauce
1 can pineapple pieces in juice
250 g mixed dried fruit
125 ml chutney
50 ml natural yoghurt
- Heat the oil and brown the meat in batches.
- Don’t do too much at once as the meat will draw water.
- Remove the meat from the pot.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the remaining oil, adding more if necessary and add the spices.
- Stir-fry for another minute.
- Add the meat, beer, Coca-Cola and Worcestershire sauce and stir.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat for about two hours or until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook or another hour.
- Stir in the yoghurt shortly before serving.
- Serve with rice or pap and a salad.