1 kg boned leg of lamb, cubed
1 kg boned shoulder of lamb, cubed
15 ml cooking oil
2 large onions, chopped
20 ml garlic and ginger paste
15 ml meat masala
15 ml ground cumin
8 curry leaves
30 ml chutney
3 sticks cinnamon
5 ml turmeric
2 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
75 ml chopped fresh coriander leaves
250 ml meat stock
250 ml sour cream
4 potatoes, halved
2 brinjals with peel, cut into chunks
30 ml garam masala
- Brown meat in heated oil.
- Add onion and sauté until transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients, except potatoes, brinjals and garam masala.
- Cover with lid and simmer slowly for 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Arrange layers of potato and brinjal on top of meat.
- Replace lid and simmer for a further 1 hour.
- Stir in garam masala just before serving.