8pcs braai lamb chops
4 onions – two chopped and two quartered.
3tbs mixed chopped herbs (thyme, rosemary, parsley, oregano)
Olive oil for frying meat and onions
3 large carrots, chopped
1 large butternut (1/4 chopped into small blocks, the rest chopped big).
1/3 – 1/4 of a bottle of red wine
2 heads of broccoli
2 tins of tomato and onion mix
2 handfuls of baby potatoes
Black pepper and salt to taste
- Heat up the pot – quite hot, as you need to fry the chopped onions and brown the meat.
- Put in some olive oil, fry the chopped onions till they start going translucent.
- Put the meat it and brown, add some black pepper and salt.
- Put in the potatoes, carrots, small chopped butternut, cans of tomato and onion, mixed herbs and the wine.
- Turn down the heat to that the pot is simmering slowly.
- Cook for at least an hour, preferably two.
- Half an hour from eating time, add the big butternut.
- 10 min from eating time add the broccoli.