1kg lamb neck
¾ cup olive oil
1kg small potatoes
500g small carrots
4 baby marrows
1 packet/tin corn
1 packet green beans
1 packet fresh mushrooms
250ml red wine
500ml fresh dairy cream
Marinda salt, pepper, Robertson steak and chops, garlic flakes, Worcestershire sauce, Knorr oxtail soup powder, Mrs Balls chutney
- Fry the onion in oil and add garlic flakes into the pot.
- Add oxtail and sheep neck in pot and fry until meat and onions are brown.
- Spice the meat with marinda salt, Robertson steak and chops and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add red wine, Coca-Cola and 1.5 cups of water and place the lid on pot.
- After 90-120 minutes, add the small potatoes and carrots and 1.5 cups of water.
- Let the pot cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Cut the butternut in rings and place it on top of the potatoes and carrots.
- Cut the baby marrows in big chunks and place on top again, followed by the small mielies, green beans and mushrooms.
- Place the lid on the pot for 10-15 minutes whilst making the sauce.
- In a separate pot, add 500ml dairy cream, 3/4 cup water, oxtail soup, 100ml Mrs Ball’s chutney and stir the mixture on a heated plate.