250ml dry red wine
2 kg of mixed meat (shank, neck, rib etc)
2 medium-sized onions, diced
50ml tomato sauce
20 baby potatoes, peeled
50ml worcester sauce
1 kg frozen mixed vegetables
3 medium sized sweet-potatoes, sliced
30ml oxtail soup powder
Salt & pepper to taste
25ml soya sauce
500ml warm water
10ml garlic flakes
2 cubes of beef stock
0.6ml fine ‘kruinaeltjies’
10 ml dried oreganum and rosemary
5 ml grated lemon peel
- Smear the pot well with the butter and heat the pot until it is very hot.
- Then brown a few pieces of meat at a time and remove.
- The meat has now cooked out its own fat.
- Brown the onions in the meat’s fat until soft.
- Return the meat to the pot and layer the potatoes and sweet potatoes on top of the meat.
- Mix all the ingredients of the sauce and pour over the food in the pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, cover with the lid and allow to simmer for approximately 2.5 hours.
- Add the mixed vegetables after 1 hour.