45 ml oil
1 kg mutton chops
12 baby onions peeled
1 bunch spring onions, sliced
4 carrots, sliced
10 ml mixed dried herbs
250 ml dry white wine
12 baby potatoes, peeled
250 ml beef stock
65 ml flour
- Heat oil and fry mutton until browned.
- Season to taste while frying.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add flour to remaining fat in saucepan, making a roux.
- Add the beef stock to make a sauce and pour over the chops.
- Arrange potatoes, baby onions, spring onions and carrots in layers over the meat, sprinkle with herbs and pour white wine over.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer gently for about 1 hour.