2 kg mutton shank (cut into pieces)
250 g rindless bacon (chopped)
45ml cooking oil
2 medium onions (chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
5 bay leaves
500 ml beer
4 large carrots (peeled & diced)
15 whole baby potatoes
15 baby marrows (cut into pieces)
15 baby sweetcorns
1 packet of pork gravy
1 packet of sausage gravy
- Heat the oil in the pot and fry the Onions until tender, add the shank and bacon fry until golden brown.
- Add the beer and let it cook for about an hour or until beer is nearly no beer left.
- Pour in 500 ml Water and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 30 minutes and add the 2 gravy packets in to the pot and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for another 10 minutes before adding in the vegetables and let it cook until potatoes are done.
- Serve with rice and potjie bread.