500 g finely minced beef
1 slice white bread, crumbled
1 small onion, finely chopped
5 ml salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 ml grated nutmeg
200 ml soda water
30 ml butter
30 ml cooking oil
1/2 red cabbage, shredded (about 500 g)
1 green apple, sliced
30 ml white wine vinegar
15 ml red currant jelly or smooth apricot jam
100 ml meat stock
- Mix mince, breadcrumbs, onion, salt, pepper, nutmeg and soda water together.
- Shape into frikkadels.
- Stand in a cool place for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- Heat butter and oil in pot and brown frikkadels.
- Remove from pot and set aside.
- Sauté cabbage in pan juices.
- Add apple and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for a few minutes.
- Arrange frikkadels on top of cabbage.
- Cover with lid and simmer slowly for 20-30 minutes or until frikkadels are cooked.