500 g coarsely minced pork
30 ml cooking oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
250 ml uncooked rice
375 ml fresh or frozen corn kernels
250 ml fresh or frozen peas
1 fresh pineapple, diced
1 tomato, skinned and chopped
15 ml soy sauce
50 ml fruit chutney
500 ml meat or chicken stock
- Heat oil in pot.
- Add meat, onion and green pepper and sauté until meat has changed colour and onion is transparent.
- Remove half the meat and set aside.
- Spoon half the rice on top of meat and then arrange the corn, peas and pineapple in layers on top, ending with a layer each of the remaining rice and meat.
- Spoon tomato on top.
- Heat soy sauce, chutney and stock and pour over.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until most of the stock has been absorbed.
- The mixture should not be dry though, but fairly moist.