Potjie No: 2
Cooking Time: ½ hour
Email Recipe »
1 sheep’s liver
2 sheep’s kidneys
1 sheep’s heart
15 ml butter
15 ml cooking oil
1 onion, sliced
15 ml cake flour
250 ml meat stock
15-30 ml vinegar
5 ml sugar
5 ml salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pull off the outside skin of the liver.
- Cut out the tubes and slice liver into thin strips, or dice.
- Discard outside skin of kidneys.
- Cut kidneys in half, remove hard core, and dice.
- Rinse out heart thoroughly under cold running water, then cut out tubes.
- Dice heart.
- Heat butter and oil in potjie, add meat and brown.
- Add onion and sauté until transparent.
- Sprinkle flour over meat and stir.
- Add heated stock, vinegar and sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the meat is tender.