1.5 kg pork shin, cut in pieces
250 g bacon, cut in pieces
1 large onion, sliced
1 green pepper, cut in rings
1 clove of garlic, chopped
6 medium potatoes, cubed
4 carrots, sliced
3 celery sticks, sliced
2 turnips peeled and cubed
1 leek, sliced (only the white part)
500 ml green beans, chopped
500 ml cabbage, chopped
30 ml olive oil
1 can of tomato paste
100 ml water
2.5 ml finely mixed spices
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in the pot.
- Spice the meat with salt and pepper and brown the meat slightly.
- Remove the meat and sauté the bacon, onion, green pepper and garlic for 15 minutes in the oil.
- Replace the meat and mix the tomato paste with the water and pour over the meat.
- Cover with the lid and allow the pot to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Layer the veggies as they appear in the recipe and sprinkle the mixed spice over the meat.
- Cover with the lid and allow the pot to simmer for a final 1 hour or until the veggies are soft.