2 kg leg of pork, cubed
1 large pineapple, peeled and sliced
1 large cooking apple, peeled and sliced
15 ml butter
2 large onions, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
10 ml finely mixed spices
125 ml brown vinegar
60 ml Maizena (cornflour)
60 ml brown sugar
60 ml red wine
25ml Worcestershire sauce
250 ml boiling water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in the pot and brown the onions and green peppers until soft.
- Remove and brown the meat.
- Sprinkle the spices, salt and pepper over the meat.
- Place the pineapple on top of the meat, then the apple and then the onion and green pepper mix.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over the potjie.
- Cover with the lid and allow the pot to simmer for approximately 2 hours.