Potjie No: 3
Cooking Time: 2 hours
Email Recipe »
1 kg chicken drumsticks
500 g pork (cubed)
45 ml cooking oil
Salt & pepper to taste
3 large onions
2 green peppers (seeded and cut into rings)
8 whole cloves of garlic
45 ml smooth apricot jam
500 ml green beans (sliced)
375 ml semi dry white wine
3 medium tomatoes (skinned and sliced)
- Heat the oil in the pot.
- Sprinkle the chicken and pork with salt and pepper.
- Fry meat gently a few pieces at a time, until golden brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- Sauté the onions and green pepper for a few minutes and add the cloves of garlic. Return the meat to the pot and spread the chicken with the jam.
- Add the beans and wine, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for further 45 minutes.