12 chicken thighs
45 ml cooking oil
Aromat to taste
4 – 6 cloves of garlic
6 carrots (peeled and sliced)
300 g broccoli
300 g whole button mushrooms
250 g courgettes (thickly sliced)
250 g uncooked rice
5 ml salt
1 litre boiling water
2 chicken stock cubes
125 ml dry white wine
30 ml mushroom soup mixed with 125 ml cold water
- Heat the oil in the pot.
- Season the chicken pieces with Aromat and fry a few pieces at a time until golden brown.
- Return the all the meat to the pot and add the cloves.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the vegetables in layers on top of the meat in order as listed.
- Make a hollow in the centre and place the rice and salt in it.
- Dissolve the chicken stock cube in boiling water and add to the pot.
- Replace the lid and allow to simmer very slowly for 1.5 hours without stirring.
- Add the wine and mushroom soup, replace the lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes.