3 kg chicken pieces
200 g butter
8 medium onions (sliced)
6 medium potatoes (peeled, cut into small pieces)
250 g rindless streaky bacon (cut into small pieces)
900 g whole button mushrooms
1 Tin (440g) pineapple chunks (drained)
1 packet instant rice (chicken flavour)
25 ml chicken seasoning
5 ml Worchestershire sauce
5 ml salt
5 ml freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the pot and melt a knob of butter, fry the chicken a few pieces at a time, until golden brown.
- Melt remaining butter add the onions cover and steam for 10 minutes until nearly done.
- Add the chicken to the onions in the pot, replace the lid and simmer for 45 minutes. Add the potatoes and simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
- Arrange the bacon, mushroom, pineapple and rice in layers on top of the potatoes add the chicken seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Replace lid and simmer for another hour until rice is done.