1 kg chicken portions
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 large onions
300 g button mushrooms
300 g frozen peas
8 large carrots, sliced
Salt and pepper
1 bay leaf
125 ml water or more
125 ml dry sherry
250 ml sour cream
- Put potjie over hot charcoal.
- Chop onions and fry in butter and oil, add chicken and fry to golden-brown. From now on do not stir anymore.
- Layer with mushrooms, peas and sliced carrots.
- Season, add bay leaf and a small cup of water.
- Cover and simmer for about 1 hour, by which time the food will have a good sauce. Now add sherry and sour cream and simmer for another 1/2 hour.
- Serve with white bread to soak up the sauce.