10 chicken thighs or drumsticks
6 large carrots, peeled and sliced
12 baby potatoes, peeled
1 small cabbage, chopped
½ small butternut, cubed
30 ml cooking oil
2 large onions, diced
45 ml chutney
10 ml salt
5 ml dried mixed herbs
5 ml garlic flakes
1.2 ml ground black pepper
1 can undrained sweetcorn
125 ml sweet white wine
- Heat the oil in the potjie and brown the chicken and onions together for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the chutney, salt, herbs, garlic and pepper and spread this mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Now layer the carrots, potatoes, cabbage and butternut on top of the chicken.
- Spread the rest of the chutney mixture over the veggies and pour the mielies on top.
- Add the wine, cover with the lid and allow the potjie to simmer for 1.5 – 2 hours.