15 ml butter
2 onions, chopped
250 ml vinegar
125 ml chutney
30 ml Worcestershire sauce
10 ml sugar
5 ml curry powder
5 ml salt
1 ml turmeric
1 x 1.5 kg chicken, cut into portions
1 x 500 g packet frozen mixed vegetables
- Heat butter in potjie, add onion and sauté until transparent.
- Set aside.
- Mix half the sautéed onion with the vinegar, chutney, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, curry powder, salt and turmeric.
- Place chicken pieces into this sauce and marinate for 1 hour.
- Arrange marinated chicken pieces on top of remaining onion in potjie.
- Pour marinade over chicken, cover with lid and simmer slowly for about 1 hour.
- Remove lid, add frozen vegetables, replace lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are just cooked.
- Serve with rice.