30ml cooking oil
10ml dried parsley
2kg chicken pieces
5ml garlic flakes
5 medium onions, diced
5ml lemon pepper
1 green chilli, seeded and diced
5ml dried oreganum
2.5ml ground black-pepper
5 carrots, peeled and sliced
1.25ml peri-peri powder
6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
125ml dry white wine
125ml uncooked rice
200g frozen green peas
15 whole button mushrooms
15ml medium curry powder
2 tomatoes, diced
1 cube chicken stock, crumbled
- Heat the oil in the pot and braai the chicken, a few pieces at a time, until golden brown.
- Remove and brown the onions and chilli until soft.
- Replace the chicken and add the water.
- Cover with the lid and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Layer the vegetables and rice as they appear above and sprinkle the herbs and spices on top.
- Cover with the lid and allow to simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Mix the wine and the rest of the ingredients and pour over the food.
- Cover with the lid and allow to simmer for 30 minutes or until the rice is done.
- Give the pot a good stir before serving.