4 large crabs
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 clove(s) garlic, crushed
1 tsp ginger, crushed
2 tbsp curry powder, mild
2 tsp fish sauce
250 ml water
1 tbsp sesame oil
Fresh coriander leaves to decorate
- Cut the crabs through the centre into two halves.
- Remove the shell from the body.
- Disjoint the legs and crack open the leg shells.
- Rinse to remove bits of shell, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the pot over moderate coals and stir-fry the onions, garlic and ginger for just 30 seconds.
- Add the crab meat and curry powder and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the fish sauce and water, cover and simmer the crab very gently for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Taste and maybe add a little salt, drizzle over the sesame oil and decorate with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice and sambals.