Potjie No: 3
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Email Recipe »
2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
150 g sliced mushrooms
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1.5 litres water
10 ml dried parsley
Juice of 1 lemon
45 ml cooking oil
750 ml uncooked rice
1 packet white onion soup
10 ml garlic salt
Salt to taste
- Allow the parsley to soak in the water for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in the pot and cook the rice for a few minutes.
- Add the onions and peppers and brown until soft.
- Add the parsley water and the rest of the ingredients except the crayfish.
- Sprinkle the salt over and cover with the lid.
- Allow the potjie to simmer slowly for 30 minutes or until the rice is almost done.
- Now place the crayfish tails on top of the pot and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Don’t cook the crayfish for too long as it could get soggy.