50 black mussels
1 cooked crayfish or 6 prawns
125 ml dry white wine
3 tbsp butter
2 gloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup parsley, finely chopped
1 large onion finely chopped
1 tomato, skinned and chopped
Pinch of dried thyme
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Juice of 1 lemon
250 ml fresh cream
- Put the wine in the potjie.
- Add the butter, garlic, parsley, onion, tomato, thyme, pepper and the mussels.
- Cover and simmer slowly for approximately 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and add the crayfish or prawns.
- Simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the cream.
- Serve with French bread, chips or rice.