15 ml butter
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
5 button mushrooms, sliced
15 ml grated Cheddar cheese
2 rashers bacon
30 ml chopped fresh parsley
- Cut perlemoen from shell, remove viscera and scrub clean.
- Gently pound perlemoen until limp.
- Place half the butter on a piece of foil, shiny side up.
- Place perlemoen on top of butter and season well.
- Arrange mushrooms and cheese on top, then bacon.
- Dot with remaining butter and sprinkle parsley over.
- Fold foil over to make a parcel, then place in potjie.
- Bake over a slow fire for about 1 hour.
- Remove from potjie, unwrap and serve with bread.