1 large onion, quartered
1 green pepper, cut into large cubes
1 glove of garlic, chopped
3 tins chopped tomatoes
100 ml water
6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
3 celery sticks, chopped
2 turnips, peeled and chopped
1 leek, sliced
2 cups green beans, sliced
2 cups of shredded cabbage
2 tsp chopped parsley
- Layer potatoes, carrots, green beans, celery, turnips, onions, pepper, leek and cabbage in the potjie (in this order).
- Add the tinned tomatoes and the water.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley.
- Cover and simmer slowly for approximately 60 minutes until done.
- Serve with couscous, rice or pasta.